Update from Lex in Rex

Hello Family,

I just wanted to give everyone a little summary of what I've been up to lately. This past week has been pretty busy. In my Fit 4 Life class, I had to take two tests, do cardio work outs three days a week for a half hour, and lift for 45 minutes. That's taken up a lot of my time, but I'm glad that it motivates me to be in shape because Kim keeps making delicious chocolate chip cookies. I have really enjoyed my math class because we're learning about saving, investing, and loans. It's helped me become a more responsible spender and motivated me to be a better saver. I'm actually understanding the graphing calculator! I have also enjoyed my American Heritage class because we're learning about the ideas behind the history of our nation, more of the why instead of the what. I have this HUGE test over the Constitution on Tuesday and I've only completed one of the study guides. I spent practically all of Saturday (11-5) doing homework for that class. I have to read articles and then write a half page over the main idea. The writing's not that bad, but the article I just read was 24 pages long. After finishing the half page on Saturday, I tried closing out of the article, but instead I exited out of my document with out saving any of it. That was really hard because I put A LOT of thought into it. But I said a prayer, asking Heavenly Father to help me remember what He already helped me write. And He did! So that paper was a miracle. My absolute favorite class is my Book of Mormon class because 1) I just love learning about the Gospel, and 2) I've gained a deeper understanding and knowledge of the things that I've already learned in the Book of Mormon. We just finished the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi and I actually like them, and I'm starting to understand them. If any of you guys want some help with the Isaiah chapters, look up Bruce R. McConkie's article about 10 Keys to Understanding Isaiah in a past Ensign issue on lds.org. Although I read it after I read the chapters, it's helped me so much! I would definitely read it.
If you haven't noticed, school is pretty much my life right now. Besides that, and cooking, cleaning, and laundry, I don't do much else. But I really am enjoying the college life. I love the Spirit of Ricks that I get to feel everyday. I love starting each class with a prayer, inviting the Spirit to help us teach and learn together. I love what I'm learning because it actually makes sense and it's actually important. Well, my makeup class might not be that important, but it sure is fun. I'll definitely keep you posted with pictures of what we're learning in class!
I hope all of you in Boise, Portland, and Provo are happy and healthy. I miss each and every one of you. I'm so grateful that we're a family and that we are all strong, righteous members of the Church. Thank you so much for each of your examples to me. I am so grateful everyday that Heavenly Father let me be part of this amazing family. I need to stop now because I'll start crying and you guys are probably wishing this post would end. I love you all! Keep emailing me and calling me! I love it!

Love always and forever and ever and ever and ever,
Lexi

Comments

Gma said…
I had a happy birthday yesterday. Thanks for the really beautiful butterfly picture. I love it and I love you.

Gma Fern
Dear Lex,

It sounds very wonderful up there! May I join you? JK Sooooo, how's the missionary (CP I presume) doing, where is he? I hope you are not writing him too much, don't you dare, they are homesick enough with out that! but I'm sure you don't have time even if you wanted to. I'm so glad you are loving it there, because we are missing you here. It's pretty quiet . . . but I'm so glad that Nicole and Jake will be here a few more years! Loved your makeup face photo, are you doing scary stuff for Halloween?Lots of Hugs and Kisses, Aunt BEE.
becca said…
I LOVE LEXI

Popular posts from this blog

A li'l something to get you in the holiday mood..

All-Northwest Audition