Thanksgiving Wish

On Tuesday, we had a really great devotional titled "Don't Be in a Hurry." Many of the points really impressed me and I wanted to share that with you. I hope that all of you read it because it's really good!

http://www.byui.edu/Presentations/Transcripts/Devotionals/2007_11_06_Thomas.htm

One part was something that really stood out to me and I think as a family we could all do together for Thanksgiving!
"Some years ago, President Hinckley offered a special Christmas gift to every member of the Church. This gift, he promised, would help us understand the “true essence of Christmas,” and feel the peace of Christ, the love of Christ, and “an overwhelming sense of gratitude” to Him. So what was the Prophet’s Christmas gift? It was one hour—sixty minutes “spent in silent meditation and quiet reflection on the wonder and the majesty of this, the Son of God” (Ensign, December 2000, 5). Do you remember getting that gift? Would you prize it? Do you understand the directions? They’re pretty simple, really: spend one hour, in silence, thinking of the Savior. Remember the results: peace, love, and “overwhelming” gratitude. Why not add it to your Christmas list—both to give and to receive? If you need practice, you could probably try it at Thanksgiving."

I believe that if we all do this together for Thanksgiving, we could draw closer to our Savior and have more gratitude for His infinite mercy and love. I also believe that we will draw closer together as a family. I think it will help us be more patience with each other and love each other more. We'll be happier together and be more grateful that we are a family.

I love you all and I can't wait to see most of you for Thanksgiving! Hurray for food, fun, and family!

Lots of love,
Lexi

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lex, that talk is great! Jake and I just listened to it. Put me down as committed to the challenge at Thanksgiving time. I am so glad that you are in tune with the Spirit. I appreciate your faith and love. I too believe that this will bring us closer as a family and increase our love and kindness one towards another.

Love you all!
nic

Popular posts from this blog

A li'l something to get you in the holiday mood..

All-Northwest Audition