Favorite Quotes about Parenthood

In preparing for our Stake Parent's Fireside I found some mighty fine quotes. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories.
-- John Wilmot

If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.
-- Edgar W. Howe

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
-- Abigail Van Buren

Teenagers are people who act like babies if they're not treated like adults. -MAD Magazine.

The trouble with learning to parent on the job is that your child is the teacher. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Comments

Unknown said…
These are great. I'm assuming since you posted them, and you're an experienced parent, that they are true. I will keep that in mind when the time comes...

Popular posts from this blog

A li'l something to get you in the holiday mood..

All-Northwest Audition